Get Ready to Apply!
Undergraduate students from both US and international institutions are invited to apply. The RISS application includes the following pieces: a resume, transcripts, recommendations, and statement of purpose.
Prepare to Apply:
- Explore the RISS Research Showcase
- Learn About RISS Potential Mentors
- Preparing Your Application Materials – Some Extra Resources:
- Previous alumni have flagged this resource as helpful in writing strong statements of purpose: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~harchol/gradschooltalk.pdf
- Handouts and videos about writing and preparing statements can be found here: https://www.cmu.edu/gcc/
- The CMU Career & Professional Development Center has helpful websites and links www.cmu.edu/career about resumes.
- Attend a RISS Virtual Information Session!
- And apply using the link below!