Skip to content
Applications for the 2020 RISS are closed.
Review the Essential Application Information:
- Applications were accepted through January 15, 2020, at 5 PM EST at riss.ri.cmu.edu
- RISS 2020 Program dates are May 27 to August 7
- Funding and support are available for both U.S. and international students
- RISS 2020 Flyer
- Recent research projects can be explored here.
- The RISS application includes the following pieces: a resume, transcripts, recommendations, and statement of purpose
Prepare to Apply for 2021:
- Explore the RISS Research Showcase
- Learn About RISS Potential Mentors
- Preparing Your Application Materials – Some Extra Resources:
- RISS alumni have flagged this resource as helpful in writing strong statements of purpose: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~harchol/gradschooltalk.pdf
- Handouts and videos about writing and preparing statements can be found here: https://www.cmu.edu/gcc/
- The CMU Career & Professional Development Center has helpful websites and links www.cmu.edu/career about resumes
- Attend a RISS Virtual Information Session!
- And apply using the link below!